The AMT Automag V is a large single action semi-automatic pistol made by Arcadia Machine and Tool (AMT). The weapon was created by Harry Sanford, who also invented the original .44 AutoMag pistol. One of the extremely small number of handguns that fire a .50 caliber cartridge, it is also one of the few semi automatic guns that fires the .50 Action Express cartridge, it is said to be “the most ergonomic and lightweight of all of those autoloaders”.Its built-in compensator ports in the barrel assist in keeping muzzle rise to tolerable levels. The recoil, however, is still surprisingly brisk even for the most experienced shooter. The Automag 5 has a 5 shot magazine capacity (5+1 total) and is, like all of the AMT pistols, made primarily of cast stainless steel.
Production quantity was supposed to be 3000 units, numbered 0001-3000 to 3000-3000. This goal was never reached, however. The MK V used the same frame as the MK IV, and pistols have been discovered with MK V frames with MK IV slides and vice versa.
AMT Automag V was designed to fire a .50 caliber cartridge, notably .50 Action Express. It had built-in compensator ports in the barrel assist in keeping muzzle rise to tolerable levels. Furthermore, it was designed to hold a 5-round magazine and made primarily of cast stainless steel.
Very RARE AMT Automag v .50AE for sale. Single action semiautomatic, stainless steel, factory magna-ported 6 1/2 inch barrel, 5+1 round magazine. Used condition, but in very nice shape with NO marks. We have fired this pistol and it functions flawlessly. It shoots very accurate and is also very exciting to shoot. AMT was the first company to produce a magnum caliber in a semi-automatic pistol. AMT initially was to manufacture 3000 Automag V, however when AMT closed their doors in 1996 there were less than 2000 produced. The AUTOMAG V were serial numbered accordingly (ex. 1348 – 3000) and they were manufactured from 1993 – 1996. AMT’s are one of the most sought after collectible firearms in America today and the AUTOMAG V is one of the rarest and most desirable. Buy today while they are still available and prices are still affordable.
About the Manufacturer:
Arcadia Machine & Tool, or AMT, was a firearms manufacturer from Irwindale, California that produced a line of pistols using the name AutoMag from 1982 to 1995. These semi-automatic pistols carried a name similar to the sole pistol model that the defunct Auto-Mag Coproration had previously produced. But, there is no connection other than the name similarity. AMT did not fare well in business and eventually went bankrupt. AMT’s assets and trademark were acquired by IAI (Irwindale Arms Incorporated). Later, in 1998, Galena Industries of Sturgis, South Dakota purchased the company and produced firearms in the style of AMT’s until 2001. They were finally acquired by the High Standard Manufacturing Company of Houston, Texas. High Standard still produces various models under the AMT brand, based on original AMT designs.Update: In May of 2018 High Standard Manufacturing closed its doors and is no longer in business.
Automag V, also known as the AutoMag Mark V, is a semi-automatic pistol that was first introduced in the 1980s by the AutoMag Corporation. It was designed as an updated version of the original AutoMag, which was a popular firearm in the 1970s.
The AutoMag V features a powerful .44 Magnum cartridge and a stainless steel construction. It has a large, single-stack magazine that can hold up to seven rounds. The pistol also has an adjustable rear sight and a 6.5-inch barrel that provides excellent accuracy and range.
One of the key features of the AutoMag V is its unique gas-operated recoil system, which helps to reduce recoil and improve accuracy. This system uses gas from the fired cartridge to cycle the slide and eject the spent shell casing.
Despite its popularity among gun enthusiasts, the AutoMag Corporation struggled financially and eventually went bankrupt in the early 1990s. Today, the AutoMag V remains a popular collector’s item and is highly sought after by gun collectors and enthusiasts.
FAQs of the AMT automag 5
- What is the Automag 5? The Automag 5 is a semi-automatic pistol designed for use in competition shooting and hunting. It is known for its accuracy and reliability.
- Who makes the Automag 5? The Automag 5 is made by Auto Mag Ltd., a company based in Payson, Arizona.
- What caliber is the Automag 5? The Automag 5 is chambered in .50 Action Express, a powerful cartridge developed specifically for the pistol.
- What is the magazine capacity of the Automag 5? The standard magazine capacity is seven rounds.
- What is the overall length of the Automag 5? The overall length of the Automag 5 is 11.5 inches.
- What is the weight of the Automag 5? The weight of the Automag 5 is 4.5 pounds.
- What is the effective range of the Automag 5? The effective range of the Automag 5 is up to 100 yards.
- Is the Automag 5 suitable for self-defense? While the Automag 5 is a powerful and accurate pistol, its large size and weight may make it difficult to carry for everyday self-defense use.
- How much does the Automag 5 cost? The price of the Automag 5 varies depending on the specific model and any customizations, but it typically ranges from $1,500 to $3,500.
- Where can I buy an Automag 5? You can purchase an Automag 5 directly from Auto Mag Ltd., or through a licensed firearms dealer.
Where to find the amt automag v .50ae for sale
Maxammodepot offers sales on Automag V in stock and no Back order.
Our Price for this Automag V for sale
AMT AUTOMAG V .50AE WITH TWO 5+1 MAGS